Madoc is a large system with lots of core pieces that will change slowly over time. It has a lot of complexity in order to support the various needs of the platform. However, there are a number of extension points that are great opportunities to extend the platform without having to worry about these core pieces, and thus complexity and potential cost.
The extension points offer clearly defined ways to extend the platform, and are designed to be as simple as possible to implement. This section will explain the various extension points and how to use them. This will be a reference guide for developers but also for those who want to understand how the platform works and potentially contribute to the future of the platform.
- Autocomplete sources - extend the data sources available for autocomplete
- Capture model fields - add new input options for capture models, used in projects
- Configuration - add new configuration options to the platform
- External API - add new ways to interact with the API
- Page blocks - add new blocks to the page builder
- Plugins - create new plugins, or expand the plugin API that is available
- Project templates - add new project templates to make it easier to create projects
- Task automation - add new ways to automate tasks using "bots"
- Task metadata resolvers - add new ways to resolve metadata for tasks
- Themes - create new themes for the platform, or new ways to customise the theme
- User notifications - add new ways to notify users of events
- Export formats - add new ways to export data from Madoc
- Webhooks - add new web hook triggers to the platform